If you have booked your journey via the SNCB International app or website, you can consult your booking online at any time under the 'My tickets' section (top right in the header of every page of this website).
Just enter your booking reference (DNR = 7 letters) along with the email address you provided at the time of purchase if you want to:
- verify the details of your trip
- print the print version of your e-tickets
- change or cancel your booking (if your fare conditions allow).
If your ticket's exchange conditions allow, you can exchange your tickets purchased from SNCB International:
- online at www.sncb-europe.com via "My Tickets", by entering your ticket booking reference (DNR = 7 letters) and the email address given at the time of purchase;
- by calling us on +32 (0)2 801 90 10.
- at the ticket offices at SNCB stations selling international tickets
Note: if the fare available on the train you wish to use at the time of the change is higher than the original fare, you will be asked to pay the difference between the two fares when you change your ticket.
If you have to cancel your journey, please cancel your booking before the scheduled departure date if possible. If you have purchased your ticket via SNCB International and if the fare conditions on your ticket allow, you will be able to get a refund (partial or full):
Online, by logging onto "MyTrain" (if you have a MyTrain account) or via "My Tickets"
The following can be cancelled online:
- tickets purchased via the SNCB International website, app or Contact Centre
- tickets with conditions allowing a refund
- Digital Homeprint tickets, e-tickets or standard "paper" tickets which have not yet been printed at a station or sent by post
- one or more tickets for the same passenger or one or more tickets for the same journey
By phone on +32 (0)2 801 90 10
Please mention your booking reference (7-letter DNR code or 6-letter PNR code, depending on the operating carrier). It appears on your train ticket or in your confirmation email
At the international ticket offices at SNCB stations
International tickets purchased from SNCB International can also be cancelled and refunded at the ticket offices at the SNCB stations selling international train tickets, after return of the ticket. As a security measure, tickets paid for by credit card must be refunded onto the card used at the time of payment.
Good to know: For a supplement of €3 per person per journey, SNCB International offers optional cancellation insurance which will help you recover the non-refundable portion of your ticket in the case of cancellation of your journey in several cases covered by our partner Touring.
When you book your journey online, by telephone or at a station, you have the option (for a surcharge of €3 per person per journey), to take out cancellation insurance which we offer you in association with Touring.
This insurance entitles you to a full refund on the cost of your tickets – even if you bought non-refundable or only partially refundable tickets – should your journey be cancelled as a result of an event covered by Touring's general terms and conditions (PDF) (illness, damage to property, a new job, redundancy, end-of-year exam, etc.)
If you have taken out our cancellation insurance and you are obliged to cancel your journey because of a reason covered by the policy, please follow the two steps below:
- First, cancel your journey by calling our Contact Centre or visiting the international ticket office at one of our stations selling international tickets. If your tickets are refundable or partially refundable, the cost of this portion of your ticket will be refunded to you straight away.
- Please then complete the claim form (PDF) and send it to Touring, who will ensure you receive a refund for the non-refundable portion of your tickets.
If you cancel your tickets online or via our Contact Centre, the time it takes to process your refund (only if your tickets are fully or partially refundable) depends on the method used to pay for them:
If you purchased your tickets by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express) or Maestro, the money is refunded to the payment company immediately. However, please allow for a delay between the moment we credit your account and the moment the refund actually appears on your statement of transactions.
If you paid for your tickets online via Sofort or iDeal, the order to refund them will be sent immediately, but the refund will only appear on your account the next day.
Finally, if you used Bancontact or your bank's mobile app or home banking service to pay for your tickets, you will be refunded by bank transfer from our bank account to yours. Please be aware that owing to strict internal control procedures, this can take an average of 10 working days.